It is said that out of many, only 20% of the people have perfect feet. Now, that is a very meagre percentage of people, but those having neutral feet do not need any extra support to maintain their body weight & shape. And, for the other 80% that fail to have perfect feet can take help of orthopedic shoes to keep all the foot-related problems & pain away.
Since ages, we have known a fact about our body, that if the feet are correctly aligned our bodies too do not get affected by any way since feet are the foundation of our body. But, people facing foot-problems can take help of orthopedic shoes to help curb this problem.
There are a few ways through which the orthopedic sandals or shoes can help us with the foot-ailments.
- Improves circulation – Orthopedic shoes helps in giving more room for the feet to move, which improves circulation, especially for patients suffering from diabetic neuropathy who feel the numbness of feet or discomfort. And, it also decreases any nerve-related pain for such patients.
- Giving the right support – Orthopedic shoes act as a cushion to the feet that helps in providing excellent support. This way, it also tries to curb any foot ailments & minimizes its chances of becoming worse.
- Enhances mobility – Having any foot-related problem can impact the mobility of our body, which can lead to foot problems like heel spurs, bunions, hammertoe & plantar fasciitis. Orthopedic shoes help lessen the pain & increase mobility overall. It also gives the ease to walk around freely.
- Reduces pain in the feet – Orthopedic shoes come in standard as well as non-standard sizes, especially for people who are always unable to find an adequately fitted footwear for them. It also comes as toe box which is larger & helps your toes from getting squeezed as well as it comes in a specific shape to minimize rubbing of your feet on the sides. These different types help reduce the pain in the feet.
- Healing & repairing foot ailments – Orthopedic shoes help in the alignment of the feet & give the best shape to your arches. Walking becomes difficult when there are arch problems &orthopedic shoes reduce this discomfort & pain.
There are still many people who would not opt for orthopedic shoes feeling that they look quite old fashioned, but the fact is they are as fashionable as any other shoes. In case you do not want to buy orthopedic shoes you can even opt for molded arch supports that are custom orthotics & you can place them in the shoes that you already wear.