Stress in today’s time & age is not just a condition but more like a disease which is spreading its wings all over in all aspects of our lives not only mentally but also psychologically, physically & emotionally as well.
Since many people are getting more & more aware of this terrible condition which can destroy a person from within, people have also started to study it in detail & know more about it so that even they can create more awareness for the same.
Looking at round the clock working hours, short deadlines to be met, the excessive workload or performance improvement & also the office politics adds up more stress in a professional.
But, few are so emotionally healthy & intelligent with a high emotional quotient (EQ) that they can deal with all of the above levels of stress or challenging situations & do not let all of that bother them in any manner.
There are ways they manage to do the same like–
- Power of resilience – It is hard to break an emotionally strong person. They take the challenges & testing situations as a tool to grow more as an individual.
- Vocal about their feelings – They do not fear any odd situations & reach to people for taking advice & have a more realistic & positive approach towards the problem.
- Keeping a note – Emotionally healthy people are generally those that jot down their feelings or thoughts on paper. This, in a way, gives a free passage for any kind of negativity to flow out of their minds.
- Awareness of what triggers them – a lot of things can happen in a busy office environment that can trigger stress or any kind of negativity but, emotionally intelligent workers are aware what can trigger them & also know how to handle it.
- Having a third-person perspective – Emotionally strong people also can analyze the situation from the eyes of a third person to evaluate their own responses or behaviours in a particular situation.
- Less reaction, more response – Emotionally intelligent professionals first observe the situation, keep their cool & then respond logically rather than simply reacting to it in anger.
It is crucial, especially in the corporate world, to maintain one’s sanity & emotionally intelligent people try not to let their mental & physical health get impacted in any way.