Recently we saw how the telecom industry went all up & down with their own data plans. This cut-throat competition has also made these huge companies to now even lift the FUP limit on voice calls from their unlimited prepaid plans so as to attract more & more customers.
In this race, the first company to bring about this change is Bharti Airtel, followed by Vodafone Idea & looking at the advancements made by these two honchos of the industry Jio too went ahead & announced changes in their new prepaid plans.
A few days ago, these 3 companies had announced a price hike in their prepaid data plans. Bharti Airtel hiked its tariff by 42% while Jio increased it by 40% & Vodafone Idea was no behind in doing the same. And, now Both Airtel & Vodafone have come up with the idea of lifting FUP limit on voice calls for their unlimited prepaid plans.
What changes did Bharti Airtel make?
People who have subscribed to their prepaid plans of Rs 148 plan, Rs 248 plan, Rs 598 plan, Rs 698 plan, Rs 1498 plan or Rs 2398 plan can make voice calls to other networks without any extra fee till their FUP limit expires.
It also announced 3 new unlimited prepaid plans like –
- Rs 219 – 1GB data per day with unlimited voice calls & 100 SMSs with a validity of 28 days.
- Rs 399 – 1.5GB data per day with unlimited voice calls & 100 SMSs with a validity of 56 days.
- Rs 499 – 2GB data per day with unlimited voice calls & 100 SMSs with a validity of 56 days.
The changes made by Vodafone Idea?
Soon after Airtel made the announcement, Vodafone came up with their decision of lifting FUP limit on voice calls for their unlimited prepaid plans &users can talk to any other network without incurring any extra costs.
All the subscribers of Vodafone with their unlimited plans that offer validity of 28 days, 84 days or 365 days will not have to pay any extra fee for making calls to other networks.
Reliance Jio hits back too.
After looking at the announcements made by both Airtel & Vodafone, Jio soon introduced their two new plans for their prepaid users.
- Rs 98 – a total of 2GB for the validity of 28 days plus no FUP limit on calls made to Jio users or other networks.
- Rs 149 – 1GB per day with 100 SMSs for a validity period of 24 days plus unlimited voice calls to Jio users & FUP limit set to 300 for other networks.