Whether it was the current year or the years that have gone by, we have been quite consistent in making resolutions, especially regarding our health & becoming fitter. But, most of us have also been consistent in not fulfilling those resolutions & have found one excuse or the other to skip being healthier & fitter & eat that favourite pizza with extra cheese.
Studies have shown that people resorting to shorter bouts of exercises tend to lose more calories & weight that those who choose to workout for straight 30 minutes or longer.
Interval training reaps more benefits of both strength & cardio that leads to burning of calories in a short period of time.
Below are the best exercises that people can resort to this new decade which will give them the best results possible.
- Muscle training – more muscle training means more metabolism in the body & a higher metabolism in the body means a higher rate of burning calories & fat. Strength training gives more muscle mass & burns fat with higher metabolism.
- High-intensity interval training – these short-duration workouts can go a long way in burning extra kilos & calories. Functional movements with high intensity in interval training can push the body to limits with all the energy& is more effective in burning fat.
- Battle ropes – this is great for full-body strength training & a cardio workout. It burns calories & also helps building muscles.
- Kickboxing – it builds muscle strength, uses the entire body leading to a full-body workout. Also, it helps in relieving stress.
- Elliptical – when you use the elliptical at higher speeds it will increase the heart rate as the lungs start working & the blood starts pumping in the body. This makes the body breathless & burns more calories.
- Cycling – to build endurance & to help in strength training, cycling either on an actual bike or a stationary one is extremely beneficial. It helps in shaping your thighs & glutes.
- Rowing – rowing helps in working out on your glutes, hamstrings, arms, back, core, quads & gives a full-body workout. It pulls & opens up the hips & shoulders & also works on the heart & lungs.
- Running – more than any treadmills, running is the most beneficial form of exercise in burning calories & sprinting is even better. Running for short distances but with a top speed & intensity is something that can help you lose weight.
- Use of stairs – choosing to climb upstairs rather than taking a lift is always a better option as more muscles come into work & it works on glutes, quads, and calves& gives a full-body workout.
- Ropes – it burns shoulders & core, it helps in balance & coordination of the body & it also works on arms & wrists. Jumping ropes help in pumping the lungs & heart.
- Swimming – an element of resistance is added by water which makes the use of muscles efficiently & use of oxygen wisely. Swimming combines both strength & cardio training which works on legs, core & arms & acts as total-body training by building endurance levels & strength.