People talk a lot about what one should do & what one shouldn’t when it comes to making choices or decisions in life. In thinking of everything that surrounds us & thinking or contemplating about what we need, we often forget about doing good to others as well or what change can we bring in someone else’s life by doing that.
With the start of the new decade however, let us know a few things which we can choose to start prepping up for 2020.
- Plant more saplings at home – this is therapeutic in a way people might not even be aware of. This not only improves the air quality but also helps in improving health overall. Plus research also found out that children exposed to more plants have better attention skills and memory development.
- Go for vacations – travel plans always take a back seat when we give too much importance to our work. This New Year start by avoiding any excuses & go for that long pending vacation.
- Choose health first – if anything takes a toll on your health, see a doctor first & make health your first priority. If there is good health, there is everything.
- Do volunteering – people always need help; extend a hand of help & make a difference in someone’s life. Go to orphanages, animal shelters just to volunteer for them in any manner possible & bring a smile on their faces.
- Give away your old shoes & clothes – clean up your wardrobe & give away the old junk from your cupboard to someone who may need it. You can give it to your house help, to children shelters, etc. & make them happier.
- Communicate with your parents – rather than spending hours on your mobile phones, spend some time with your parents & talk to them about life, about anything that you need to, your desires, wishes, etc. Know about how they feel what they want or need & that will make them feel loved.
- Remove alcohol & tobacco from your life – quit smoking & drinking today, right now because the ‘tomorrow’ to quit this addiction never comes. Improve your health from this moment itself & bring about positivity in life.
- Meet friends more often – we always tend to avoid meeting them, giving priorities to many other things in life. But, it is so important to take out time for meeting friends as it brings back the fun & excitement in life & also makes you feel motivated in general.
- Save more – choosing to spend money unnecessarily is not a good idea anymore, but to save is something one should think about. A thick bank balance in your account is always more attractive.
- Enjoy simple pleasures of life – spending time with family & friends, going for walks, getting a pet, rereading your favourite book or re-watching favourite movies. All these simple things in lifehold great value.