There is always a big list of resolutions that we make only to realize that we fail to fulfill them. And, still every year we make new resolutions. This year let’s do something different & make a pledge first to take care of our health because that is something that should top the chart for any resolutions list.
Let us take a look at things we should put a focus on more for a healthier mind & body with the start of a new decade.
- Take lunch breaks seriously – There are many who actually even skip lunch breaks only to finish that pending work at the office. In doing this what we don’t realize is that lunch breaks give us some resting time from work, recharges our bodies & also reduces stress & improves mental wellbeing.
- Mental exercises are also necessary – We try everything to keep our bodies fit but what efforts do we put in to keep our mind fit? It is essential to pick up a new skill, a hobby, an area of interest to learn something different & new. This makes connections in different parts of the brain stronger & also keeps the mind active.
- Choose the right workout wardrobe – Enclothed cognition is a phenomenon where clothes influence a person’s psychological processes. Choosing the right set of clothes for workouts is extremely important because it affects the way a person feels, which affects their productivity, behaviours & the ability to doing things. Clothes should flatter your body & make you feel good, which in turn will improve the workout performances.
- Music for workouts – Music can transport a person to a different zone altogether; such is the power of music. It lowers stress, uplifts a person’s mood & also removes boredom. It can make you feel less aware of the exertions so that more efforts can be put for workouts.
- Choose alternatives to the gym – Finding an alternative for working out rather than just going to the gym is also essential. Joining a dance class, going for walks or running in the garden, any functional training or martial arts. All these things make the mind more open to newer activities & the body too gets excited to do the same. Hence, an alternative to the gym can bring about great results for a healthier body.
All of the above things should be taken into consideration this coming year for living a healthier lifestyle because a healthier mind & body is all that we need.