How much ever we may love our respective jobs or even hate them, there are certain habits that we as normal individuals have that comes in our way to succeeding anywhere & having a good day at work.
Being casual at work might just be a normal thing for some but for some others who have been noticing you & your work like your seniors or bosses might go against you.
This indolent attitude can be a big prize to be paid where you can even lose your job.
Though these habits can be quite unintentional because of the regular work that people do every day, they don’t realize they are showing a rather lazy approach towards work & the same can get noticed by others at their workplace. And gradually, the same attitude or approach can turn out to be your bad habit at your job.
There are a few habits that one really needs to change instantly to make everything alright at the workplace.
- Inefficiency in planning the day’s schedule – some people are so lazy that they do not plan anything at all & have a careless attitude towards it. Inability in planning the agenda of the day can make work pending the next day. And the next & this keeps continuing.
- Coming late to the office every day – this is a very common bad habit that most of the people need to change. Being late everywhere shows there is no punctuality in an employee & has a very laid -back attitude.
- Poor sense of dressing – wearing loose-fitting or anything that is too casual for your work environment is a complete no-no. Dressing plays a vital role in determining the attitude of the employee; otherwise, it is taken as an insult to the job or the organisation.
- Taking longer lunch breaks – people taking longer lunch breaks are least bothered about their productivity at work. It should only be taken to freshen up a bit &utilize other time to plan or discuss things to be done that day.
- Knowing when to be quiet – too much of socializing in a work environment is not a good idea. One needs to know when to stop talking & avoid chit-chatting during work.
- Being substandard in email communication – It is imperative to keep checking mails & even more to respond to them. Having poor communications skills in terms of mails in a professional environment is again a sign of being sluggish.
- No prior preparations for meetings & presentations – not preparing anything beforehand for any meetings or discussions are a sign of being laid-back. One must at least make notes 15-20 minutes before to crack that meeting or presentation.
Other avoidable habits are taking too many personal calls in between meetings, refusing to become a team leader or taking any extra responsibilities or even complaining about anything that doesn’t go your way at the workplace.