The outbreak of this infectious & deadly disease is something which has taken aback, not just China but the entire world. The World Health Organisation ( WHO ) has even declared the epidemic as a “global health emergency” & it has been called so because hundreds of people have already lost their lives & many other hundreds are fighting against the disease.
At the moment, a third case has been confirmed by the State health minister K. K. Shailaja in Kerala by calling the outbreak in Kerala as a ‘state calamity’. The outbreak of the virus has been such that in a short span of time it has spread to other nations as well like Britain, Russia & India.
The outbreak initiated from Wuhan in China, currently making the death toll rise to 490 & registering 24,324 cases as confirmed by the National Commission of China. The number of people under observation has reached to 1,52,700 & out of which 21,558 are suspected cases. Hence, evacuations have happened by many countries to save their citizens from the outbreak & India was also no behind in doing that for her citizens.
There are a few crucial points that one must know currently about Coronavirus:
- 323 Indians have been evacuated through a second special Air India flight from Wuhan & have been quarantined in Manesar at a special army facility.
- Essential facts & information has been given out by WHO by issuing public information on the same mentioning that the virus can affect people from all age groups, people with existing diseases like diabetes heart disease, asthma & the elderly are at a higher risk.
- Online Visa facility has been suspended by the Indian government for China immediately after it registered the second case in Kerala & now even a third case has been registered.
- No treatment or medicine has yet beenfound out to battle against the virus; however, WHO is working on the same with other partners for better research & development.
- Coronavirus cannot be solely treated or prevented only with Antibiotics as they can only kill the bacteria. However, antibiotics can be a part of their treatment for stopping a bacterial co-infection.
- Flu shots are incapable of treating or preventing Coronavirus.
- People are advised to stay away from those who already have cold & cough & flu-like symptoms & head to diagnosis immediately if they experience any symptoms.
- For protecting yourself from Coronavirus & other bacteria like salmonella & E.coli, one should regularly wash hands with soap, especially after coming in contact with pets.